The Azure Advent Calendar is a collaboration for members of the International #AzureFamily to contribute a video and blog post about a topic of their choice related to the Azure Public Cloud, which was brought to life by Richard Hooper (aka Pixel Robots) & Gregor Suttie two recent UK Azure MVP’s that make up 23 Azure MVP’s out of a total 164 UK MVP’s of which I am one of in the Cloud and Datacenter Management category.
It is fair to say that over the course of the 25 days of Advent there are a number of great sessions lined up with 3 taking place each day. totalling 75 sessions of content ranging from 30mins to 1hour each across a wide range of Azure specific content.
For more details and direct links to each of the sessions taking place you can access them in the handy table on the Azure Advent Calendar website or directly subscribe on the Youtube Channel. You can also find them via doing a twitter search for #AzureAdventCalendar
My Joint Contribution
This year my contribution is a joint contribution with Rik Hepworth, Chief Consulting Officer at Black Marble ( Azure MVP | @rikhepworth | Blog ) discussing some of the wider aspects of Governance, coming from a more general sense than just the Azure sense, although we will cover some of the components that have been covered in prior sessions of the Advent Calendar. Rik & I are 2 of 6 Microsoft MVP’s at Black Marble, covering areas including Azure, Cloud & Datacenter Management, Developer Technologies, Office Apps & Services & Windows Development.
Between us both we have seen how organisations have adopted the cloud in a number of very different ways, often depending on their size as an organisation and their maturity when it comes to developing, building, testing, deploying and managing their various forms of software.
The video will be available on the Azure Advent Calendar YouTube Channel and the direct link to the video is as below (which you’ll be able to watch sometime today December 24th)
We mentioned a number of items in this session and you can see many of them as per the below links
- Azure Governance Docs - https://aka.ms/governancedocs
- Azure Cloud Adoption Framwork - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/cloud-adoption-framework/ https://azureadventcalendar.com/
- Jack Tracey - Azure Governance - https://jacktracey.co.uk/community/azure-advent-calendar-2019/
- Wesley Hakkman - Azure Blueprints - https://www.wesleyhaakman.org/azure-advent-calendar-azure-blueprints/
- Ignite Governance Sessions
- Satya Vel Session on Azure Governance - #BRK2021 - https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/81583?source=sessions
- Rik Hepworth’s Session on Azure Governance - #BRK1035 - https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/78682?source=sessions
- Azure Arc - #BRK3327 - https://myignite.techcommunity.microsoft.com/sessions/83989?source=sessions
- Azure User Groups - https://techielass.com/azure-meetups
- Sarah Lean - @techielass - https://twitter.com/TechieLass/
So far this has been a great event for all those involved and for the wider community to gain insight into just how big the Azure Cloud really is. I hope that those that watch mine & Rik’s contribution around the importance of the need for some governance in the cloud.
Please spread the word to everyone you know in the Azure space using the hashtag #AzureAdventCalendar & #AzureFamily